Meet Team Z
Founder & Owner, Master Instructor
- Carolyn is the founder and owner of Zephyr Cycling Studio. A Montana native, Carolyn’s love for music, movement, words and community created Zephyr’s foundation.
- Zephyr itself is more than a boutique cycling studio – it’s a community that moves together, because movement is how Carolyn has found community no matter where she’s lived (Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Maine, New York). Zephyr has been voted Bozeman’s Best Place to Get Fit in 2020, 2021, and 2022 in Bozeman Magazine’s reader’s choice poll, and Carolyn was voted Bozeman’s Best Community Business Leader in the same poll in 2021.
- When not at Zephyr, you can find Carolyn out on the trails with her three dogs, Andy, Lua and Charley (who you will see frequently around the studio), volunteering at a local animal shelter or enjoying dinner at any number of her favorite Bozeman restaurants.
- Hailing from the land of 10,000 lakes, Jackie has found herself right where her heart belongs in Montana.
- Fully grasps the “work hard, play hard” lifestyle with no attempt to tame her wild heart.
- Full-time senior instructor and studio director at Zephyr, mom to sweet Larkin and dog-mom to rescued pup Lola and Beartooth the Pug, smile and laugh-addict, Jackie lives to motivate others.
- Jackie brings the “jamz” (and yes, with a “z”), positivity, and energy into her classes where she not only wants people to sweat, but to ALSO have a helluva time doing so.
- Don’t let the blonde hair (and other arrays of pink pastels) or giggles fool you – Jackie comes ready to bike hard every class. She loves the feeling of the music guiding every pedal stroke along with the energy every person brings to each class.
- A lifelong adventurer, Dev hopped around the globe and coast to coast growing up. She found herself moving to MT for college and has yet to leave.
- Dev graduated with highest honors in Graphic Design and Entrepreneurship from Montana State University in 2014.
- When she’s not sweating it out at Zephyr, you can find her in the mountains hitting the trails all season long with her hubs Mark and fluffy Border Collie/Pyrenees adventure pups, Thor and Santiago!
- For as long as Dev can remember, she has always enjoyed being physically active. Breakfast is her all time favorite meal, and most days she’s up and on her second cup of coffee for the sunrise.
- Dev now runs her own photography business, Devin Helen Boudoir, through which she takes her own unique twist on empowering women through photography. Interested in learning more? Check out her website at devinhelenboudoir.com.
- Why does she want to teach at Zephyr? Simple. For people to believe in themselves. To let go, and to have a freaking fun time not only working their bodies, but also their hearts and their minds.
Master Instructor, Client Experience Manager
Originally from upstate NY, Carly grew up visiting Montana with family and fell in love with the mountains and Bozeman way of life.
Product Line Manager at Simms Fishing Products and dog mom to rescue pup Reece, Carly is all about looking at life with a glass half full mentality, and motivating others.
Having had a passion for wellness and staying active since an early age, exercise and movement have always been a constant in Carly‘s life. The words, music, and community that Zephyr brings to the table have taken her passion to another level.
A Montana State University Alum, Merrit has lived in Bozeman since 2014 but her love for the state began long before that. She spent Summers and Winters in the Big Hole Valley with her family dating back well before she can even remember. Montana has always been home.
Merrit is the Founder of Alpen Outdoors, a female-first technical apparel brand aiming to get women outdoors and in the right gear. Born and built right here in the last best place.
When Merrit isn’t on the bike you can find her on any river, fishing or enjoying the company in the boat, hiking or running in and around the valley, and most likely laughing or bringing the jokes any time she can.
Zephyr isn’t just a cycling studio to Merrit – it never has been. It’s comfort and diligence and every feeling in between. Zephyr is not a means to an end, or outcome – it’s a daily practice that motivates you to continue to show up every damn day (in and out of the saddle) for yourself. As she always says, what you practice at Zephyr comes to life as you walk outside the doors – with absolutely no bounds.
- Originally from New York, Morgan found love in Montana.
- Long-time Zephyr rider who loves what a strong beat can do for the soul. She hopes that riders leave class with a feeling of pride and a good tune stuck in their head.
- When not on the bike, you can find Morgan and her fiancé, Bryn, chasing around their Berners, Ranger and Pepper.
- Like a true New Yorker, Morgan takes her Italian cooking very seriously and is always ready to whip up a quick tray of ziti!
- Maddy grew up in the flatlands of North Dakota; however, she and her family regularly visited Montana, and she fell in love with the landscape and people. She just couldn’t picture herself living anywhere else, so she transferred her education to Montana State and is pursuing her degree in Elementary Education.
- When Maddy isn’t at the studio, you can usually find her hiking, fishing, and skiing. She loves to cook, travel, and spend time with family and friends and chocolate lab, Finny!
- Maddy found her passion for cycling when she was visiting a studio on the West Coast. She fell in love with the energy and rhythmic movement. When she discovered Zephyr in Bozeman, her heart immediately knew she had found a studio where she fit in and all just felt right.
- Maddy’s favorite way to move is to dance on the bike. Being an instructor to her means to inspire others to believe in themselves and to love who they are.
Front Desk Staff, Social Media Manager
- Originally from Kirkland, Washington Taylor moved to Bozeman 10 years ago with her family. She’s currently a senior at MSU studying Business Marketing and International Business.
Outside of Zephyr you can find her skiing, hiking, or just out and about playing in the mountains.
- In addition to her position at Z Taylor also works and Cafe M and #GIRLGETAFTERIT.
- Taylor fell in love with Z because of the incredible energy, the dedicated community, and the BOMB music! What’s not to love?!
Front Desk Staff
Ava grew up on a family owned ranch in eastern Montana but the mountains have always felt like home to her.
She spontaneously moved to Bozeman in August after withdrawing her application from Black Hills State University to experience a gap year. She will pursue a bachelors on Marketing at MSU in the Fall of 2022.
Ava fell in love with Zephyr in the beginning weeks of her move West. The atmosphere was something she hadn’t experienced before.
Outside of the studio, you can find Ava skiing, reading, or drinking coffee at one of the many coffee shops in Bozeman. She loves to travel, bake, listen to music, and hang out on her front porch.
- Darra is a proud Bozeman native but truly feels that Z puts the HOME in hometown. <3
- She is both a graduate of & pursuing a masters degree from the University of Montana.
- Like most of Bozeman, she is her happiest self outdoors with family and friends – whether that’s floating and fishing a Montana river, exploring new trails and peaks, or finding a patio downtown.
- To her, movement at Z is a means to go deeper: to process, feel, release, and honor all that it is to be human, as a community! She hopes to see you on a mat (or a bike!) soon.
Front Desk Staff
Shannon grew up in Portland, Oregon, but calls Montana home after moving to Montana for college and never looked back. After 10 years in Montana, she can’t imagine living anywhere else!
Currently pursing a Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology through University of Montana.
Special Education Paraprofessional at a local elementary school in Bozeman and a nanny for various families in Bozeman.
Lives a life of positivity, seeing the best in every person, and living life in the moment. Believes everything happens for a reason.
Grew up living a very active lifestyle playing and participating in every sport out there as a child and continued the competitive and motivational drive through young adult years. Believes in movement as seeing what your body is capable and honoring your body where its at.
Came to Zephyr as a form of movement and exercise after an intense ankle reconstruction surgery. A few months after her first ankle surgery on her right ankle, she was cleared to start spin classes and was hooked and fell in love with the community, good beats to move to, building confidence in herself, and a drive she hadn’t had in years. After two ankle surgeries, Zephyr was the best thing to come out of some really tough seasons.
Outside of Zephyr, you are most likely to find her at one of the local breweries and spending time doing mostly anything outside!
- A transplant from the plains of North Dakota, Jake came to Bozeman for college and stayed for the mountains.
- Music with a solid beat fuels him in the office and on the bike regardless of decade or genre – but know you’ll hear some of yours (and his) favorite top forty guilty pleasures in class.
- When he’s not pursuing his architecture license or sweating it out at the studio, he’s on a trail with Gilly (his Great Pyrenees hunk o’ love), the slopes, drawing up a killer logo, or on occasion lost in a Netflix series.
- Special skills include but are not limited to dog sitting, making a mean hot-dish and knitting the most rad socks you’ve ever worn.
Instructor, Marketing & Operations Manager
- Originally from North Dakota but graduated from Montana State University in 2019 and has no intentions of leaving!
- Fell in love with Zephyr because of the music, the people, and most of all, the community that surrounds the studio.
- Beyond the studio, you can find her hiking, skiing, or really anything in the mountains with her sidekick, a mini Aussie named June Bug.
- Casey comes from the state of Texas and you’ll definitely know it when he drop’s the “y’alls” and “fixin to’s” in his class.
- Casey moved to Colorado for about a decade where he fell in love with the west and its recreational activities. The abundance of water and cold trout streams eventually drew Casey to Montana.
- You’ll find Casey rowing a boat as a fishing guide in the summers, skiing in the winters and working as a seasonal tax CPA during the shoulder seasons.
- Casey loves spending time with his friends, sharing great food and conversation. He loves his momma and enjoys visiting her in Florida to get out of the cold during the winter. He enjoys tying flies, dabbling in photography, cuddling up with a good book, and petting everyone else’s dog.
- Casey was introduced to Zephyr by his friend Marshall for a Thanksgiving day ride with Carolyn. He originally didn’t think it was for him, as he quotes “he wasn’t into the mushy stuff”. Zephyr has peeled away his armor and given him the space to show up in his own skin and he now lives for all the feels and “mushy stuff”.
- Casey spent his 20s sidelined with a form of arthritis, which severely limited his movement. Since getting a correct diagnosis and his health back on track Casey never wants to take the ability to move his body for granted. He loves to move with intention and lives for the sense of community, connection, and recognition of mind and spirit that Zephyr offers.